Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder - Black
The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture. Combine that with ZOOM’s groundbreaking interchangeable mic capsule system and two XLR/TRS combo inputs for a world of options. The Q8 comes with its own specially designed detachable X/Y microphone, yet it’s compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules. If you already use an H5 or H6, you can swap their capsules with the Q8 too.
The Q8 offers a large full-colour LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a wealth of advanced features. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs allow the connection of external microphones and line-level sources, and a built-in speaker and stereo Headphone/Line Out jack provide audio monitoring; there’s even an HDMI output for video monitoring. Its high-quality 160-degree wide-angle lens and flexible mounting options mean that you can shoot high-def video anywhere you go. Plus there’s a USB output that allows the Q8 to be interconnected with your computer so you can use it with your favorite streaming or editing software.
Great performances can be elusive … but with the Q8, they can live forever. Capture the total experience — not just the sights but the sounds, too. Shoot video from the audience and use the supplied wide-angle X/Y mic to capture immersive sound. Take your Q8 onstage to get close and provide the musician’s perspective. Or use it at the mixing position to combine sharp high-def video and stereo room sound with the crisp, clean audio signal coming straight from the board.
The compact size of the Q8 and its compatibility with both tripod mounts and three-prong action camera mounts mean you can shoot footage anywhere, from perspectives other cameras simply cannot capture. Take it to remote locations. Indoors or outdoors, wherever you go, you can count on your Q8 to deliver crisp video with superior audio. Get creative and do it right. By bringing together high-definition video and high-resolution 24-bit/96k audio, the Q8 allows you to take your YouTube creations and podcasts to a whole new level. Use your Q8 to educate and entertain, turn viewers into subscribers, and let advertisers know that you’re the real deal.
Don’t let anything get in the way of the story. The Q8 is perfect for electronic newsgathering, for conducting interviews, and for creating personal video blogs and podcasts. Capture video and audio to an SD card for later editing with your favorite software or stream it live; you can even use the Q8 as a web camera or USB microphone. With its high-quality sound and crisp, sharp video, the Q8 is the perfect teaching tool, ideal for creating detailed video lessons and demonstrating fingerings, bowings, and other playing skills. Use it to capture students’ rehearsals and performances so they can review and perfect both form and technique, documenting and enabling their musical growth.
With single-button recording, self-timer, high quality wide-angle lens, and sensing options that automatically adapt to various lighting situations, the Q8 is the ideal tool for creating professional-quality videos with pristine audio. Transfer the files to your favorite editing software via USB and turn your raw footage into high-quality productions. The Q8’s compact size makes it the perfect B-roll camera too, allowing you to go where your big rig can’t and capture video from unusual angles. You can even use the Q8 as a standalone audio field recorder.
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-colour rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting environments
- 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analogue-style gain controls for each input
- Built-in audio mixer
- Auto-Gain control, plus built-in compressor and limiter
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output/Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing softwaree
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts