Mark Bass Big Bang Compact 500 Watt Bass Head
Just over a decade ago, Marco De Virgiliis started pioneering small, lightweight amps; the Markbass Little Mark heads started a new era in bass amplification, inspiring many other companies to follow their lead.
Now, you’ll be amazed that such a warm, rich and “explosive” sound comes from an amp smaller than our groundbreaking Little Mark heads! And—despite its small size—the Big Bang is packed with extra features that customers have been asking for: aux in, headphone output with level control, plus mute and VLE and VPF filters with footswitch control. Other features, already appreciated by Little Mark users, include a simple and effective 4-band EQ, effects loop, and level control and pre/post EQ switch for the XLR DI output.
- INPUT: impedance 2 Mohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp
- AUX IN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- EFFECT RETURN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- MASTER VOLUME
- LINE OUT LEVEL
- HEADPHONE LEVEL CONTROL
- GROUND LIFT (switch on rear panel)
- PRE/POST EQ (switch on rear panel)
- MUTE (footswitch)
- LOW: center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB
- LOW MID: center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB
- HIGH MID: center frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB
- HIGH: center frequency: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB
- FILTER SECTION (with footswitch):
- VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter): center frequency 380 Hz
- VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator): frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz
- LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
- EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
- TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
- SPEAKER OUT: speakon/1/4″ combo, jack 1/4″
- HEADPHONE OUT
- WEIGHT: 4.63 lbs / 2.1 kg
- WIDTH: 8.86 in. / 22.5 cm
- DEPTH: 9.84 in. / 25 cm
- HEIGHT: 2.95 in. / 7.5 cm
- OUTPUT POWER: 500W RMS @ 4 ohm, 300W RMS @ 8 ohm
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 100/120V; 230V; 240V 50/60Hz (Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)
Minimum ohm load for all Markbass heads is 4 ohms.
Markbass amps/combos are manufactured to be sold and used in the country of purchase, and they are factory preset to that country’s voltage. Due to homologation issues, the voltage may not be changed.
Rack ears and footswitch do not come included with this head.
Product specifications are subject to change without notice.